By: ToxicAirEvent on April 24th, 2016
Users removed from permissions list for donations or admins are as follows:
- megastoejoe – Restored to normal user.
- Tacitus_Animus – Overlord demoted to Marshal rank.
- Private_PenQuin – Returned to normal user.
- Kyle_ETP – Now a normal user. Gets to keep is name prefix out of legacy.
- BFKelleher – Returned to normal user status. Gets to keep name prefix and suffix for legacy reasons.
- mauzgrau – Restored to normal user. Name prefix kept out of legacy.
- NickWasHere09 – Restored to normal user.
We removed a lot of these users from our permissionex file (which mangers user permissions, prefixes, and suffixes) due to inactivity on the server. We believe if you are going to be of any staff rank on the server you should at least be somewhat active on the server. We understand lives get in the way resulting in users taking time away from the server. Many of these users who have been removed had not logged in for over 6 months. Which we feel is too long.
The other users removed still had name prefixes or permissions from donations and had overstayed their welcome. We have not always used BuyCraft to manage donation rewards and their lengths of time. For that reason some users had slipped through the cracks and were able to keep their donation rewards for longer than they should. Many of these users had been inactive for extremely long periods of time so they won’t even know or notice.
If you were removed and feel it was a mistake make a post on the forum (preferred method) explaining why you should be reinstated. Please direct those post to the Minecraft Ban Appeal category. If you don’t want to make a forum post you can alternatively contact us through the #minecraft text channel in Discord.
Do not contact us in game about it or via private messages. We as admins are trying to make our decision making and rule enforcement more transparent to everyone sitting at The Cool Table in order to make the server administration more understood to everyone at The Cool Table. We are doing this in the interest of fairness and to facilitate discussion for how rules will be handled, enforced, and modified going forward.
By: ToxicAirEvent on April 6th, 2016
Hello boys and girls. I’m excited to announce that we now have a 16 person free for all Deathmatch server for Counter-Strike Global Offensive. It is located in New York, is 128 tick, 16 players, Free-For-All, and uses all the active duty maps plus some community favorites from past operations.
The IP is: 18.104.22.168:27025 – ENJOY!
- IP: 22.214.171.124:27025
- Location: New York, USA – US EAST
- Max Players: 16
- Tickrate: 128
- Gamemode: Free-For-All Deathmatch
- Maptime: 20 minutes
- Nextmap: Decided by end of match vote
- Instant Respawn
- All weapons available for both sides
- Warmup: 20 seconds, random weapons or gamemode. Normal DM starts immediately after for remainder of the map.
- Steam Workshop Collection of maps actively used on the server.
Hope you all enjoy this. Feedback can be given on the Counter-Strike section of the forum. Have Fun!
By: ToxicAirEvent on April 5th, 2016
Over the last year or so and a few revisions to the play style of The Cool Table we as the teachers have imposed some new rules upon you as our pupils.
We’ve always been very good at keeping the rules section of the minecraft information page up to date. That doesn’t always mean that we’ve had the most clear or concise revisions to the rules, just that they were simply listed. So tonight I’m unveiling some updates and changes that we’ve discussed over the past few weeks after some thinking and various incidents. Hopefully they are a throughout explanation of what you can and cannot do on the server, what we will and won’t fix, and what you can or cannot say.
Check out the rules section if you want to see it in context of all the other information for The Cool Table.
Otherwise just read them here and now.
- DON’T BE A DICK! It is our golden rule of sorts.
- This means to not disparage any person or group for any reasons. This includes negative comments about their sexuality, race, religion, or culture. This is an automatic ban of AT LEAST 30 minutes.
- Griefing structure’s not allowed.*
- Stealing items from containers within someones structure is permitted.**
- Evading bans via name change will result in a UUID ban permanently.
- Starting forest fires or just destroying nature for no practical purpose is not allowed.
- Hacks? NO!.. You can’t use those.
- No advertising for your server. We are not a billboard for other servers.
- If you are being a general disturbance or annoyance on the server for a reason not listed here the admins have the right to ban you.
Please use Griefpreventionton tools (Golden Shovel to click the corners of your claim) to claim your builds, items, or anything else you possess in game. Please be aware that after 28 days of inactivity on the server (meaning you go 28 days consecutively without logging in) your claims will be forfeited back to the unclaimed land pool.
Unclaimed builds from either the 28 day expiration or your failure to do in the first place can be claimed by any other player. The admins will not restore your claims if they are claimed by another player. If you claim someone else’s build feel free to demolish it, remodel, basically do as you please. Just do not grief your new claim by leaving a half destroyed buildings and floating blocks all over the place.
*Griefing structures is not allowed and will result in a ban to users caught doing so. However failure to protect your structures using GriefPrevention can result in the admins not restoring your builds.
**Items removed by other players you trusted to use your claims will not be restored. Consult the commands page for how to trust or untrust users.
Final note about rules you can check bans and if they expire on our MCBans page. If you are banned for whatever reason feel free to click the appeal link in the MCBans page or just head over to the Ban Appeal section of the forum.
If you do or don’t like anything about these rules please feel free to make a forum thread about the changes or hit up the admins in Discord. We are happy to offer clarification of rules in game but will not discuss changing them or in depth reasoning there. In game is too hard and too limited in its chat to explain the larger reasoning and implications of these changes.